Welcome to Oxford Baby Cafés Group!
Oxford Baby Cafés Group provides local breastfeeding support in the community in weekly sessions in Oxford, facilitated by highly experienced breastfeeding counsellors. Come for help with specific issues or just to hang out with other breastfeeding mothers. Hope to see you soon!
- See our weekly sessions *please note* the earlier start times for the Rose Hill & Florence Park sessions, effective immediately
- See our timetable page for details of our August summer closures
- Find us on our Facebook page and join the discussion on our Facebook group
- Read our list of Recommended Resources
- Use the postcode search to find your nearest session on the Baby Café website.
- *NEW! Follow us on Twitter!*
We need your help!
Despite the loss of all our County Council funding and the closure of 3 sessions, for the time being we will be able to run 5 Baby Cafés (one each weekday). We are able to do this because we have some reserves, and because of very generous donors who feel strongly that the project should continue. And of course the lovely Children's Centres who still want to host us, even though they can no longer fund us. However, the future is far from certain, and in order to maintain a service at this level we will need secure alternative funding. We are actively seeking this at the moment - many thanks to the service users who are putting in a huge amount of time to help us.
In response to many who have asked "how can we support you?" we now have a Local Giving appeal and you can also donate monthly. MANY thanks for your support - we have been enormously moved and encouraged by the many families who have contacted us to tell their stories of how Baby Café helped them to breastfeed and to grow in confidence as new parents, and to ask "How can we help?"
with love,The Baby Café Team